It is now only a week until Graphene Supply, Application & Commercialisation Congress 2014 takes place at the University Of Manchester (June 12th-13th). Momentum continues to build with a wide variety of companies from across the globe registering daily.
The conference is focused upon making commercial scale graphene application an industrial reality through the delivery of 20+ exclusive case studies over 2 days, covering, Application Progress Landmarks, Quality, Supply Scalability, Processability, Integration, Investors and Other 2D Materials.
MANCHESTER TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT
A brand new addition to the congress includes a 45 minute guided tour through the new National Graphene Institute, Europe’s largest graphene and 2D material facility at the University Of Manchester. The facility includes a look at Europe’s largest clean room and the latest characterisation and research equipment on offer. The tour will include an update on research projects taking place and timelines towards the opening of the new international research hub which has secured funding from the UK Government and over 30 international companies.
Perpetuus Energy To Give Away Graphene Packages Worth £125,00
Recently, it was announced that Perpetuus Energy, who are a Co-Sponsor and Speaker at Graphene Supply, Application & Commercialisation Congress 2014, are going to give £2.5 million ($4.2 million) of surfaced modified graphenes to the UK graphene academic research community. Perpetuus will invite twenty research organizations to collect 5kg of high quality friable surface modified graphenes each. A 5Kg package is worth up to £125,000.
Perpetuus will give away the graphene packages during the conference next week. During the conference, the company will also unveil their current graphene enabled prototype applications and products, which includes an ITO replacement, electroluminescent lamps, cathodes for lithium sulfur batteries, together with possibly the world’s lightest guitar, which is an example of Perpetuus’ new graphene enabled carbon fibre.
Afshin Tarat, Chief Scientist, Perpetuus Energy will join Siva Bohm, Principal Scientist, Surface Engineering Department, Tata Steel to present on advancements in the exfoliation method to develop large quantities of high quality graphene platelets, whilst evaluating the economic feasibility of its use in composites and coatings.
Case Studies From Across The Globe Will Be Delivered From:
- Seungmin Cho, Principal Research Engineer & Group Leader, Samsung
- Siva Bohm, Principal Scientist, Surface Engineering Department, Tata Steel
- Matthias Gester, Principal Scientist, Procter & Gamble
- Steve Sinton, Principal Chemist & LM Fellow, Lockheed Martin
- Shu-Jen Han, Master Inventor & Manager Of Nanoelectronics Group, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Antonio Paez Duenas, Senior Technology Consultant R&D, Repsol
- Richard White, Principal Researcher, Nanotechnology, Nokia
- York Haemisch, Senior Director Corporate Technologies, Phillips
- Mark Davis, Chief Science Officer, Solan PV
- Robert Roelver, Researcher, Bosch
- Paolo Bondavalli, Head of Nanomaterial Group, Thales Group
- Kitty Cha, Research Scientist, Technology Incubator, BASF
- Mark Lineker, Business Manager, TBA Electro Conductive Products
- Jani Kivioja, Research Leader, Nokia Research Centre
- Andrew Pollard, Surface & Nanoanalysis Group, National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- Robert Young, Professor Of Polymer Science & Technology, University Of Manchester
- Johan Liu, Professor, Chalmers University
- Karl Coleman, Professor, Durham University
- Mercedes Vila Juarez, Principal Investigator, Nanotechnology Research Division, Universidade de Aveiro
- Craig Poland, Research Scientist, Institute of Occupational Medicine
- Mark Rahn, Partner, MTI Ventures
- Achim Hoffman, Physical Sciences, IP Group
- Dr Afshin Tarat, Chief Scientist, Perpetuus Energy
Group Booking Codes*:
3 delegates = 10% off: Enter GROUP3 at the Checkout
4 delegates = 15% off: Enter GROUP4 at the Checkout
5 delegates = 20% off: Enter GROUP5 at the Checkout
For more information on the initiative, to find out about sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities, please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 800 098 8489.